Why I believe I love software testing.

 “Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it. " —Katherine Whitehorn



I was introduced to the world of Software Development in my last company(2012)  when my company decided to develop software to manage inventory & I got a chance to participate in User Acceptance Testing. I really enjoyed those tasks & that triggered my interest in Software Testing. After almost 8 years of a break when I decided to start my career again, my first choice was Software Testing. Here are some reasons why I wanted to work as a Software Tester.


To be successful in a job, you should love and enjoy what you do.  These are the reason why I enjoy being a tester


Challenging job: I always enjoy taking up challenges.  It can be really challenging to find a bug no one thought existed in software and assumed to be working correctly. It takes especially critical eyes and thought processes to find these kinds of problems and solve them.


No repetition of work: While working as a tester, you don't repeat the same work every day. Yes, It may be the same application but there can be different reasons to fail and lots of other things to look for.  It's a challenging job.  You have to be creative and think out of the box too. 


You are constantly learning in this job: As a tester you are continuously learning (latest technology, tools, testing ideas) which makes it more interesting.


It's important - Testers' job is not only limited to finding bugs but to give continuous suggestions and contribute to improving the quality of a product. Testers are the one who gives confidence to the stakeholders that the product is usable.   


Interacting with people:  As a Software Tester, I could get a lot of opportunities to interact with people (not only peers, I could get a chance to discuss things with Stakeholders). Testers need to know all parts of the application to work effectively. So we need to discuss with clients to get more information on domain knowledge and their expectations from the application. 


Strong community: One of the best things about being a tester is that we have an insanely supportive and strong community. I always like to stay active on Twitter and other social media, which helps me to keep myself updated. I also like to participate in meets up, seminars and workshops. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 Name five examples of an ecommerce platform?

Day 15 Name five different online payment methods.

What is Agile?